SAFETY PROCEDURES AND PRACTICES
As a school site, along with the Sylvan Union School District, we continually review our safety procedures and practices. We have added a number of measures to increase safety for students and staff over the past year such as:
- Increased requirements for volunteers working directly with students on field trips by implementing mandatory fingerprinting.
- Installed advanced check-in systems at our school offices for all visitors.
- Training of all staff and students in the Standard Response Protocols and implementing ongoing drills at each school site.
- Collaboration between our district officials and Stanislaus County First Responders to update and implement safety measures.
- Limiting access points of entry and exit before and after school, monitored by school staff.
- Becoming a “closed campus”, which means only school staff and students will be allowed on campus before, during, and after school.
- Before school, gates to campus will be opened by staff at 7:55 a.m. and closed at 8:20 a.m. Any student not inside the gate by 8:20 a.m. will need to enter through the school office.
- After school, gates will be opened by staff at the time of the dismissal bell and closed by 2:55 p.m.
- The only gates open before and after school are the two main gates, one located on Sunrise & one on Tokay.
- Any family member or visitor must sign-in through the office with their valid gov’t issued Identification Card/Driver’s License to be allowed on campus before, during or after school.